Mason & Beer Solicitors
6 High Street
Residential conveyancing/property issues
We understand that family breakdown is a distressing and difficult time and whenever possible Mason and Beer will take a conciliatory approach to try and achieve the best outcome with the least emotional impact for your family. Our experienced team is sympathetic and sensitive but will fight to achieve a fair and cost-effective result for you. Sarah Carr is a member of the Family Law Panel and our expertise includes:
• Separation of married, unmarried and same sex couples.
• Disputes over children, finances, assets and pensions.
• Domestic violence and injunctions.
• Pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
• Local authority and adoption proceedings.
As we get older there are difficult and important decisions to make about planning and managing our affairs. Mason and Beer offer a comprehensive service which is friendly and practical. We have private parking and will make special arrangements for home or hospital visits for our less mobile clients. Our team can advise and assist with:
• Wills and trusts.
• Probate and Administration of Estates.
• Lasting Powers of Attorney.
• Inheritance Tax planning.
• Inheritance claims.
Moving home is often described as one of life’s most stressful events but whether you are a young individual/couple buying your first home, trying to coordinate a sale and purchase or whatever your circumstances, Mason and Beer’s exceptional team is second to none. We will advise and explain the process and issues involved both in advance and as they arise and keep you fully informed throughout. Our team is experienced in all aspects of:
• Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold houses/flats.
• New house/flat purchases.
• Joint ownership/trust arrangements.
• Rights and Covenants.
• Lease Extensions and freehold acquisitions.
• Management of leases including rent arrears, service charge recovery. dilapidations issues, breaches,
forfeiture, possession actions.
• Shared equity/staircasing arrangements.
• French conveyancing.
Employment law is a complex and fast moving area and as an employer or employee, timely and realistic employment advice is extremely important when faced with life affecting decisions. Our lawyers can advise and assist you with:
• Constructive dismissal, dismissal, redundancy and compromise agreements.
• Transfer of undertakings.
• Employees rights and terms of employment.